- He D, Wang X, Gao D, Wang J (2018) Modeling the 2016-2017 Yemen Cholera Outbreak with the Impact of Limited Medical Resources. Journal of Theoretical Biology.
451:80-85. Media Coverage: medicalresearch.com
- Zhao S, Lou Y, Chiu A, and He D (2018) Modeling the Skip-and-Resurgence of Japanese Encephalitis
Epidemics in Hong Kong. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 454:1-10.
Sheikh A, Wu P, Cauchemez S, He D, Fang V, Cowling B, Tian L (2018)
Ambient ozone and influenza transmissibility in Hong Kong. European Respiratory Journal. 00369.
- Tang X, Fang S, Chiu A, Lin Q, Tang E, Wang X, and He D (2018) Unsynchronized influenza epidemics between two neighboring
subtropical cities. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 69: 85-87.
- Yang S, Chiu A, Lin Q, Zeng Z, Li Y, Zhang Y, Yang Z, Yang L, and He D (2018) HIV Epidemics in Chongqing and Shenzhen, China. PLOS One. 13(2): e0192849.
- Zhao S, Lin Q, He D, and Stone L (2018) Meningitis Epidemics Shift in sub-Saharan Belt. International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
- Zhao S, Stone L, Gao D, and He D (2018) Modelling the Large-scale Yellow Fever Outbreak in Luanda, Angola, and the Impact of Vaccination. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 12(1): e0006158. Media Coverage:
- Tsui N, Cheng G, Chung T, Lam C, Yee A, Chung P, Kwan T, Ko E, He D, Wong W, Lau J, Fok M, and Lau T (2018)
Population-Wide Genetic Risk Prediction of Complex Diseases: A Pilot Feasibility Study in Macau Population for Precision Public Health care Planning.
Scientific Reports. 8: 1853.
Chiu A, Lin Q, Tang E and He D (2018) Anti-phase Synchronization of Influenza A/H1N1 and A/H3N2 in Hong Kong and Countries in the North Temperate Zone.
International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 66: 42.
- Lin Q, Chiu A, Zhao S and He D (2018) Modelling the spread of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus in Saudi Arabia. Statistical Methods in Medical Research.
27(7):1968-1978. early version.
Chiu A, Dushoff J, Yu D and He D (2017) Patterns of Influenza Vaccination Coverage in the United States from 2009 to 2015. International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
Media Coverage: Mdedge screenshot.
Chiu A, Lin Q and He D (2017) News Trends and Web Search Query of HIV/AIDS in Hong Kong. PLOS One 0185004.
Chiu A, Lin Q and He D (2017) Religious festivals and influenza. arXiv:1710.09689. Media Coverage:
MIT Technology Review, pdf.
Yu D, Lin Q, Chiu A, and He D (2017)
Effects of Reactive Social Distancing on the 1918 Influenza Pandemic. PLOS One 0180545. Media Coverage:
- Tang X, Zhao S, Chiu A, Wang X, Yang L and He D (2017) Analysing Increasing Trends of Guillain-Barr\'e Syndrome (GBS) and Dengue cases in Hong Kong Using Meteorological Data. PLOS One.
- Tang X, Zhao S, Chiu A, Ma H, Xie X, Mei S, Kong D, Qin Y, Chen Z, Wang X, He D (2017) Modelling the transmission and control strategies of varicella among school children in Shenzhen, China. PLOS One. e0177514
He D, Gao D, Lou Y, Zhao S, and Ruan S (2017) A comparison study of Zika virus outbreaks in French Polynesia, Colombia and the State of Bahia in Brazil.
Scientific Reports 7:273. Media Coverage:
Health Security Headlines,
Medicalresearch.com, Zika news.
He D, Chiu A, Lin Q, Yu D (2017)
Spatio-temporal patterns of proportions of influenza B cases.
Scientific Reports 7: 40085.
Wang X, Yang L, He D, Chiu A, Chan K,
Chan K, Guo Q, Zhou M, Wong C, Hu W (2017)
Different Responses of Influenza Epidemic to Weather Factors among Shanghai, Hong Kong and British Columbia.
International Journal of Biometeorology 61(6):1043-1053.
He D and Earn D (2016) The cohort effect in childhood disease dynamics. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 13, 20160156.
Media Coverage: Scimex
Gao D, Lou Y, He D, Porco T, Kuang Y, Chowell G, and Ruan S (2016) Prevention and control of Zika as
a mosquito-borne and sexually transmitted disease: A mathematical modeling analysis. Scientific Reports 6, 28070 doi:10.1038/srep28070
Media Coverage: Guokr UMiami Veritas
National Public Radio,
Health Medicine Network,
Canadian Television Network (CTV), Healio,
O Globo (in Spanish),
Elcomercio (in Portuguese),
SHNU News (in Chinese) ;
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (Rapid Risk Assessment)
Lin Q, Lin Z, Chiu A and He D (2015) Seasonality of Influenza A(H7N9) Virus in China - Fitting Simple Epidemic Models to Human Cases.
PLOS One 0151333. Media Coverage: MI Flu Focus, Department of Defense AFHS report.
He D, Chiu A, Lin Q, and Cowling B (2015) Differences in the seasonality of MERS-CoV and influenza in the Middle East.
Inter J of Infect Dis. 40:15-16
Media Coverage: medicalresearch.com
Department of Defense AFHS report
He D, Lui R, Wang L, Tse C, Yang L, and Stone L (2015) Global Spatio-temporal Patterns of Influenza in the Post-pandemic Era. Scientific Reports.
5:11013. doi: 10.1038/srep11013. Media Coverage: Excel@PolyU,
PolyU Media Release
Yang L, Chan K, Suen L, Chan K, Wang X, Cao P, He D, Peiris J, and Wong C (2015) Age-specific epidemic waves of influenza
and respiratory syncytial virus in a subtropical city. Scientific Reports. 5:10390.
Yang L, Chan K, Suen L, Chan K, Wang X, Cao P, He D, Peiris J, Wong C (2015) Impact of the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic on Age-Specific Epidemic Curves of Other Respiratory Viruses: A Comparison of Pre-Pandemic, Pandemic and Post-Pandemic Periods in a Subtropical City. PLOS One. 10(4):e0125447.
He D, Dushoff J, Eftimie R, and Earn D (2013)
Patterns of Spread of Influenza A across Canada. Proc Roy Soc B, 280(1770), 20131174..
Media Coverage: McDaily News,
Best Health Magazine,
He D, Dushoff J, Day T, Ma J, and Earn D (2013)
Inferring the causes of the three waves of the 1918 influenza pandemic in England and Wales.
Proc Roy Soc B 280(1766), 20131345.
Media Coverage: McDaily News,
Medical News Today,   Yahoo News India,
F1000 recommended, PolyU
PolyU Media Release.
- Earn D, He D, Loeb M, Fonseca K,
Lee B, and Dushoff J (2012) Effects of school
closure on incidence of pandemic influenza in
Alberta, Canada. Annals of Internal Medicine 156: 173-181. Media Coverage:
CNN, New York Times,
CBC, McMaster Daily News,
Listed by CDC
- He D, Dushoff J, Day T, Ma J, and Earn D (2011)
Mechanistic modelling of the three waves of the 1918 influenza pandemic.
Theoretical Ecology 4: 283-288
- He D, Ionides E, and King A (2010) Plug-and-play inference for disease dynamics: measles in large and small populations as a case study. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 7: 271-283. (This paper was among the top ten most cited in the journal in 2010)
- Breto C, He D, Ionides E, and King A (2009) Time series analysis via mechanistic models. Annals of Applied Statistics 3: 319-348.