- Zhao S, Lou Y, Chiu A, and He D (2018) Modeling the Skip-and-Resurgence Behavior of Japanese Encephalitis
Epidemics in Hong Kong. Journal of Theoretical Biology. Revision.
Sheikh A, Wu P, Cauchemez S, He D, Fang V, Cowling B, Tian L.
Ambient ozone and influenza transmissibility in Hong Kong. European Respiratory Journal. 00369.
- Tang X, Fang S, Chiu A, Lin Q, Tang E, Wang X, and He D (2018) Unsynchronized influenza epidemics between two neighboring
subtropical cities. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 69: 85-87.
- Yang S, Chiu A, Lin Q, Zeng Z, Li Y, Zhang Y, Yang Z, Yang L, and He D (2018) HIV Epidemics in Chongqing and Shenzhen, China. PLOS One. 13(2): e0192849.
- Zhao S, Lin Q, He D, and Stone L (2018) Meningitis Epidemics Shift in sub-Saharan Belt. International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
- Zhao S, Stone L, Gao D, and He D (2018) Modelling the Large-scale Yellow Fever Outbreak in Luanda, Angola, and the Impact of Vaccination. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. 12(1): e0006158. Media Coverage.
- Tsui N, Cheng G, Chung T, Lam C, Yee A, Chung P, Kwan T, Ko E, He D, Wong W, Lau J, Fok M, and Lau T (2018)
Population-Wide Genetic Risk Prediction of Complex Diseases: A Pilot Feasibility Study in Macau Population for Precision Public Health care Planning.
Scientific Reports. 8: 1853.
Chiu A, Lin Q, Tang E and He D (2018) Anti-phase Synchronization of Influenza A/H1N1 and A/H3N2 in Hong Kong and Countries in the North Temperate Zone.
International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 66: 42.
- Lin Q, Chiu A, Zhao S and He D (2017) Modelling the spread of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in Saudi Arabia. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. In press. final version.
Chiu A, Dushoff J, Yu D and He D (2017) Patterns of Influenza Vaccination Coverage in the United States from 2009 to 2015. International Journal of Infectious Diseases.
Media Coverage. Mdedge screenshot.
Chiu A, Lin Q and He D (2017) News Trends and Web Search Query of HIV/AIDS in Hong Kong. PLOS One 0185004.
Chiu A, Lin Q and He D (2017) Religious festivals and influenza. arXiv:1710.09689. Media Coverage
MIT Technology Review, pdf.
Yu D, Lin Q, Chiu A, and He D (2017)
Effects of Reactive Social Distancing on the 1918 Influenza Pandemic. PLOS One 0180545. Media Coverage
- Tang X, Zhao S, Chiu A, Wang X, Yang L and He D (2017) Analysing Increasing Trends of Guillain-Barr\'e Syndrome (GBS) and Dengue cases in Hong Kong Using Meteorological Data. PLOS One.
- Tang X, Zhao S, Chiu A, Ma H, Xie X, Mei S, Kong D, Qin Y, Chen Z, Wang X, He D (2017) Modelling the transmission and control strategies of varicella among school children in Shenzhen, China. PLOS One. e0177514
He D, Gao D, Lou Y, Zhao S, and Ruan S (2017) A comparison study of Zika virus outbreaks in French Polynesia, Colombia and the State of Bahia in Brazil.
Scientific Reports 7:273. Media Coverage
Health Security Headlines,
Medicalresearch.com, Zika news.
He D, Chiu A, Lin Q, Yu D (2017)
Spatio-temporal patterns of proportions of influenza B cases.
Scientific Reports 7: 40085.
Wang X, Yang L, He D, Chiu A, Chan K,
Chan K, Guo Q, Zhou M, Wong C, Hu W (2017)
Different Responses of Influenza Epidemic to Weather Factors among Shanghai, Hong Kong and British Columbia.
International Journal of Biometeorology 61(6):1043-1053.
He D and Earn D (2016) The cohort effect in childhood disease dynamics. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 13, 20160156.
Media Coverage Scimex
Gao D, Lou Y, He D, Porco T, Kuang Y, Chowell G, and Ruan S (2016) Prevention and control of Zika as
a mosquito-borne and sexually transmitted disease: A mathematical modeling analysis. Scientific Reports 6, 28070 doi:10.1038/srep28070
Media Coverage Guokr UMiami Veritas
National Public Radio,
Health Medicine Network,
Canadian Television Network (CTV), Healio,
O Globo (in Spanish),
Elcomercio (in Portuguese),
SHNU News (in Chinese) ;
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (Rapid Risk Assessment)
Lin Q, Lin Z, Chiu A and He D (2015) Seasonality of Influenza A(H7N9) Virus in China - Fitting Simple Epidemic Models to Human Cases.
PLOS One 0151333. Media Coverage MI Flu Focus, Department of Defense AFHS report.
He D, Chiu A, Lin Q, and Cowling B (2015) Differences in the seasonality of MERS-CoV and influenza in the Middle East.
Inter J of Infect Dis. 40:15-16
Media Coverage medicalresearch.com
Department of Defense AFHS report
He D, Lui R, Wang L, Tse C, Yang L, and Stone L (2015) Global Spatio-temporal Patterns of Influenza in the Post-pandemic Era. Scientific Reports.
5:11013. doi: 10.1038/srep11013. Media Coverage Excel@PolyU,
PolyU Media Release
Yang L, Chan K, Suen L, Chan K, Wang X, Cao P, He D, Peiris J, and Wong C (2015) Age-specific epidemic waves of influenza
and respiratory syncytial virus in a subtropical city. Scientific Reports. 5:10390.
Yang L, Chan K, Suen L, Chan K, Wang X, Cao P, He D, Peiris J, Wong C (2015) Impact of the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic on Age-Specific Epidemic Curves of Other Respiratory Viruses: A Comparison of Pre-Pandemic, Pandemic and Post-Pandemic Periods in a Subtropical City. PLOS One. 10(4):e0125447.
He D, Dushoff J, Eftimie R, and Earn D (2013)
Patterns of Spread of Influenza A across Canada. Proc Roy Soc B, 280(1770), 20131174..
Media Coverage   McDaily News,
Best Health Magazine,
He D, Dushoff J, Day T, Ma J, and Earn D (2013)
Inferring the causes of the three waves of the 1918 influenza pandemic in England and Wales.
Proc Roy Soc B 280(1766), 20131345.
Media Coverage   McDaily News,
Medical News Today,   Yahoo News India,
F1000 recommended, PolyU
PolyU Media Release.
- Earn D, He D, Loeb M, Fonseca K,
Lee B, and Dushoff J (2012) Effects of school
closure on incidence of pandemic influenza in
Alberta, Canada. Annals of Internal Medicine 156: 173-181.   Media Coverage
CNN, New York Times,
CBC, McMaster Daily News,
Listed by CDC
- He D, Dushoff J, Day T, Ma J, and Earn D (2011)
Mechanistic modelling of the three waves of the 1918 influenza pandemic.
Theoretical Ecology 4: 283-288
- He D, Ionides E, and King A (2010) Plug-and-play inference for disease dynamics: measles in large and small populations as a case study. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 7: 271-283. (This paper was among the top ten most cited in the journal in 2010)
- Breto C, He D, Ionides E, and King A (2009) Time series analysis via mechanistic models. Annals of Applied Statistics 3: 319-348.