Yu D, Lin Q, Chiu APY, and He D (2017)
Effects of Reactive Social Distancing on the 1918 Influenza Pandemic. PLOS One 0180545. Media Coverage.
Yang S, He D, Luo J, Chen W, Yang X, Wei M, Kong X,
Li Y, Feng X, Zeng Z (2017) Simulation of HIV/AIDS distribution using GIS based cellular automata
model. Biomedical Research 2017; 28 (9): 4053-4057
- Yang S, Chiu A, Lin Q, Zeng Z, Li Y, Zhang Y, Yang Z, Yang L, and He D (2017) HIV Epidemics in Chongqing and Shenzhen, China. PLOS One. under review.
- Tang X, Zhao S, Chiu A, Wang X, Yang L and He D (2017) Increasing trends of Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS) and Dengue in Hong Kong. PLOS One. under review.
- Tang X, Zhao S, Chiu A, Ma H, Xie X, Mei S, Kong D, Qin Y, Chen Z, Wang X, He D (2017) Modelling the transmission and control strategies of varicella among school children in Shenzhen, China. PLOS One. 0177514
He D, Gao D, Lou Y, Zhao S, and Ruan S (2017) A comparison study of Zika virus outbreaks in French Polynesia, Colombia and the State of Bahia in Brazil.
Scientific Reports 7:273. Media Coverage
Health Security Headlines,
Medicalresearch.com, Zika news.
He D, Chiu APY, Lin QY, Yu D (2017)
Spatio-temporal patterns of proportions of influenza B cases.
Scientific Reports 7: 40085.
Wang XL, Yang L, He D, Chiu APY, Chan KH,
Chan KP, Guo Q, Zhou MG, Wong CM, Hu WB (2016)
Different Responses of Influenza Epidemic to Weather Factors among Shanghai, Hong Kong and British Columbia.
International Journal of Biometeorology 2017 61(6):1043-1053.
doi: 10.1007/s00484-016-1284-y. [Epub ahead of print]
He D and Earn DJD (2016) The cohort effect in childhood disease dynamics. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 13, 20160156.
Media Coverage Scimex
Gao DZ, Lou YJ, He DH, Porco TC, Kuang Y, Chowell G, and Ruan SG (2016) Prevention and control of Zika as
a mosquito-borne and sexually transmitted disease: A mathematical modeling analysis. Scientific Reports 6, 28070 doi:10.1038/srep28070
Media Coverage Guokr UMiami Veritas
National Public Radio,
Health Medicine Network,
Canadian Television Network (CTV), Healio,
O Globo (in Spanish),
Elcomercio (in Portuguese),
SHNU News (in Chinese) ;
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (Rapid Risk Assessment)
Lin QY, Lin ZG, Chiu APY and He D (2015) Seasonality of Influenza A(H7N9) Virus in China - Fitting Simple Epidemic Models to Human Cases.
PLOS One 0151333. Media Coverage MI Flu Focus, Department of Defense AFHS report.
He D, Chiu APY, Lin QY, and Cowling BJ (2015) Differences in the seasonality of MERS-CoV and influenza in the Middle East.
Inter J of Infect Dis. 40:15-16
Media Coverage medicalresearch.com
Department of Defense AFHS report
He D, Lui R, Wang L, Tse CK, Yang L, and Stone L (2015) Global Spatio-temporal Patterns of Influenza in the Post-pandemic Era. Scientific Reports.
5:11013. doi: 10.1038/srep11013. Media Coverage Excel@PolyU,
PolyU Media Release
Yang L, Chan KH, Suen LKP, Chan KP, Wang XL, Cao PH, He D, Peiris JSM, and Wong CM (2015) Age-specific epidemic waves of influenza
and respiratory syncytial virus in a subtropical city. Scientific Reports. 5:10390.
Yang L, Chan KH, Suen LK, Chan KP, Wang X, Cao P, He D, Peiris JS, Wong CM (2015) Impact of the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic on Age-Specific Epidemic Curves of Other Respiratory Viruses: A Comparison of Pre-Pandemic, Pandemic and Post-Pandemic Periods in a Subtropical City. PLOS One. 10(4):e0125447.
He D, Dushoff J, Eftimie R, and Earn DJD (2013)
Patterns of Spread of Influenza A across Canada. Proc Roy Soc B, 280(1770), 20131174..
Media Coverage   McDaily News,
Best Health Magazine,
He D, Dushoff J, Day T, Ma J, and Earn DJD (2013)
Inferring the causes of the three waves of the 1918 influenza pandemic in England and Wales.
Proc Roy Soc B 280(1766), 20131345.
Media Coverage   McDaily News,
Medical News Today,   Yahoo News India,
F1000 recommended, PolyU
PolyU Media Release.
- Earn DJD, He D, Loeb MB, Fonseca K,
Lee BE, and Dushoff J (2012) Effects of school
closure on incidence of pandemic influenza in
Alberta, Canada. Annals of Internal Medicine 156: 173-181.   Media Coverage
CNN, New York Times,
CBC, McMaster Daily News,
Listed by CDC
- He D, Dushoff J, Day T, Ma J, and Earn DJD (2011)
Mechanistic modelling of the three waves of the 1918 influenza pandemic.
Theoretical Ecology 4: 283-288
- He D, Ionides EL, and King AA (2010) Plug-and-play inference for disease dynamics: measles in large and small populations as a case study. Journal of The Royal Society Interface 7: 271-283. (This paper was among the top ten most cited in the journal in 2010)
- Breto C, He D, Ionides EL, and King AA (2009) Time series analysis via mechanistic models. Annals of Applied Statistics 3: 319-348.